MapBiomas Amazonia is an initiative of the Amazonian Network of Georeferenced Socio-Environmental Information (RAISG) and its co-creators are the NGOs from the different Amazonian countries members of the network. In the case of Brazil the list of co-creators includes academic institutions, companies and research institutions.
- Bolivia – Fundación Amigos de la Naturaleza (FAN)
- Brazil – Instituto do Homem e do Meio Ambiente da Amazônia (IMAZON)
- Colombia – Fundación Gaia Amazonas (Gaia)
- Ecuador – Fundación EcoCiencia
- Perú – Instituto del Bien Común (IBC)
- Venezuela – Provita
- Guyana, Guyana Francesa y Surinam* – IPAM and Solved
* There are no local institutions for these countries yet and in this collection we have the technical collaboration of IPAM and Solved (Mangrove).
- Instituto de Pesquisa Ambiental da Amazônia (IPAM)
- SOS Pantanal
- Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina
- Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation
- Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI)
- Good Energies
- Rainforest Norway
- Quadrature Climate Foundation
- Instituto Socioambiental (ISA) – Cícero Augusto
- Instituto de Bien Común (IBC) – Sandra Ríos
- Fundación Amigos de la Naturaleza (FAN) – Saúl Cuellar
Technical Coordination – Marcos Rosa (ArcPlan)
Scientific Coordination – Julia Shimbo (IPAM)
General Coordination – Tasso Azevedo (SEEG / OC)
Click here to learn about the Brazilian MapBiomas initiative’s institutions .
Click here to learn about the people who are part of MapBiomas Amazonia initiative.