All MapBiomas Amazon Project products are constantly evolving. To date, the result is composed of three phases:
- Collection 1 - Maps of the Amazon with a simplified legend for the years 2000 to 2017, based on empirical decision tree classification (published in March 2019).
- Collection 2 - Maps of the Amazon for the years 1985-2018, using the Random Forest classifier (published in March 2020).
- Collection 3 - Maps of the Amazon for the years 1985-2020, using the Random Forest classifier and including 8 cross-cutting themes (published in September 2021).
- The maps in the MapBiomas Amazonia collections are an evolving product. When selecting data make sure you are always using the latest version available.
- It is recommended to use MapBiomas Amazonia maps up to a scale of 1:100,000. Although it is possible to view them at larger scales (1:50,000), we do not recommend using them at this scale.
PRODUCTS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- Land cover and land use maps: these are maps in the matrix or raster format (30x30m pixel). The legend of these maps as well as the periods covered evolve throughout the collections.
- Mosaics of cloud-free satellite images, representative for each year of the historical series, with a maximum spatial resolution of 30 meters, formed by the composition of pixels representative of each set of existing images for a given period of time. The periods of the year in which the images are selected vary according to the region of the country. The mosaics contain 141 layers of information formed by the original bands of Landsat images and indices and spectral fractions derived from them. The mosaics can be viewed and downloaded directly from Google Earth Engine.
- Web platform for public consultation with images, maps, and statistics of the MapBiomas Amazon Collection.
PRODUCTS FOR SPECIALISTS OR DEVELOPERS
- Collection of image classification and processing scripts.
- Training samples were used to classify.
- Methodological notes (produced in ATBD format) that explain the methodology used.