Thematic classifications are the result of Landsat mosaics processing and interpretation, from which land cover and land use maps are obtained for each year. Within the logic proposed by MapBiomas Amazon the maps will be updated every time there is an improvement in the classification algorithms. The classification methodology is dynamic and procedural, with the purpose of improving the classification of each typology.
Here you will be able to access the annual maps of land cover and land use of the Amazon organized by country, charter (1: 250,000) and by year.
Important: when composing a single mosaic or calculating statistics from the maps, you must take into account that:
- For area calculation, it is necessary to use an adequate metric projection.
- All data is in GeoTiff format and has LZW compression.
- To obtain the reference of the codes with the classes access: legend codes
- The RGB color palette of each legend class is also available for ArcMap and QGIS.
- The annual maps are consolidated in a single file with several bands, where each band represents a year of the historical series (the 1st band corresponds to the first year of the series).
- The international limits used by MapBiomas Amazonia are those used by RAISG and may differ from files from other sources. The international boundary file used is available for download in the reference maps section.
To download the collection access the script*: mapbiomas-user-toolkit-lulc
* To use this tool it is necessary to have an account on the Google Earth Engine (free).